Salem - 13 Months
What Salem is doing at 13 months!
1. She has 4 teeth on top and 4 on bottom and is getting her 1 year molars in.
2. She still gets bottles of milk several times a day but I don't think I am going to try to get her off before 15 months since she sometimes eats less than normal.
3. She's right at 19 pounds and yes is still rear-facing! I don't think she'll ever move into those large dipes I bought!
4. She sleeps about 8 hours a night and gets up once around 5ish for a bottle. She takes a morning nap about an hour after her heart medicine at 7:30, takes a late night around noon for an hour and an afternoon nap of about 2 hours. We are trying to get her to sleep longer at night but it hasn't worked yet.
5. She says mama, dadye, ba (bottle), hi and no very clearly and waves constantly. We are working on sign language with her and even though she doesn't sign back she definitely knows what the sign for no is!
6. She's not walking yet but I keep saying any day cause she does take a couple of steps. But she crawls super fast and still cruises on everything.
7. She's turned into a daredevil. She's had more bumps and bruises this week alone than since she was born combined. I saw her dive off the couch onto a bean bag last night. Scared me to death!
8. She loves her table foods. New things she has tried lately is breakfast ham and scrambled eggs. We aren't doing as well on the sippy cup. It's hit and miss. Somedays she does great. But we'll keep working on it. I want to get her drinking well from it before we get rid of the bottle.
9. She loves to cuddle and especially gives LOTS of open mouth kisses lately and holds our face with her hands while she kisses us.
10. She likes to play with her books but usually won't sit still long enough to let me finish reading one unless it's "Momma Loves Her Baby". She plays well in her room by herself for 15-20 minutes at a time before coming to look for us. Sometimes she will crawl down the hall and peek into the living room and then turn around and go back! I guess she's making sure we're still there.
11. She also puts ANYTHING and everything in her mouth and that totally drives me crazy. She even found a bug last week! Ewwwwwwwwwwwww. I vacuum everyday and still she manages to find something.
12. She loves to get in squealing matches with her daddy. It's too funny.
13. She's gotten VERY opinionated lately. She hates having her diaper changed, hates being told stop and when I redirect her she keeps coming back. Usually I have to totally move something or move her to a different
14. She smiles and flirts with people like crazy but won't let them hold her or touch her. People (complete strangers no less) tend to try and touch her curly hair and she grunts at them in an obvious tone that means leave me alone.
15. She still bottlefeeds like she's nurses. She holds my fingers and touches my hair and strokes my side. It's so sweet.October 11, 2006 - 2006-10-11
Back from Vacation - 2006-07-18
July 3, 2006 - 2006-07-04
Parenting is Hard - 2006-06-30
Update June 23, 2006 - 2006-06-23