Mind & Body Part III
Seeing My Problems As Blessings
AFFIRMATION: Every life has periods and situations of great difficulty that call on our spirit. I can take my unwanted sufferings, the sorrows of my life and the struggles within and use them for nourishment of patience and compassion and of courage and strength. As a place to discover greater freedom.
Grant that I may be given no more than I can handle according to the holy inspired word of God. I can't always change my outside world or my circumstance, but I can change how I relate to it, see it, approach it and deal with it.
Questions to ask myself the next few days:
1. How have I treated this difficulty thus far?
2. How have I suffered by my own response and reaction to it?
3. What suffering is unavoidable and what can I change?
4. What do I need to let go of?
5. What great lesson might this problem teach me?
6. What is the value hidden in this situation?
The past three weeks in my M & B routine have been sporadic. Sometimes I do really well and sometimes I don't. I am eating somewhat better. I have switched back to diet sodas (just an occasional one as a treat). I do have a yoga tape that I plan to use, I am using candles to give my home and office a welcoming scent, I am doing R&R's at the chiros and do minis several times a day. I am journalling and looking for more ways to relax.
What am I not doing? My R&R's on a daily basis. I HAVE to work on this and exercising and more journalling.Behavior Modification Exercises
Things to do:
1. Count my blessings at the stop light or do a mini. Notice the sky. Sing a praise song. Laugh.
2. While standing in a long line - read a gossip magazine and laugh. Remember some naughy sex tips from Cosmo.
3. Make a hot date with Brian. Neither one of us wear a watch.
4. Get a manicure and pedicure.
5. Get a massage.
6. Write a letter instead of an email (this would be hard). Decorate the letter and envelope with colored pencils.
7. Read instead of surfing at least a couple of hours a week.
8. Bring a picnic lunch to work and eat it at the pond while feeding the ducks.
9. Soak in a hot tub with lots of bubbles and candles and my Yanni CD.
Things not to do:
1. Don't take my temperature or check for cm or cp.
2. Don't schedule sex or be too busy for a date night with Brian.
3. No more IF/IVF research.
4. Spend time on the net on some non-related IF sites.October 11, 2006 - 2006-10-11
Back from Vacation - 2006-07-18
July 3, 2006 - 2006-07-04
Parenting is Hard - 2006-06-30
Update June 23, 2006 - 2006-06-23